Education is the key to distinguishing between science fact and science fiction and we are continually sorting it all out, so you don’t have to.
There is always a lot of attention paid to drinking water. This is because it’s so closely related to food and its much easier to SELL people on the idea that a drinking water filter will solve all their problems. This is very misleading!
The fact is that dermal (skin) exposure to toxin can be more impactful than drinking it. This is because of daily contact and vapor. When you take a shower all the vapor from the hot water is loaded with chlorine disinfectant by-products and other contaminate. Also, the hot water opens the pores of the skin. It only takes about 10 minutes of this exposure to equal the toxins in drinking 6 glasses of tap water. Just imagine your exposure in a soaking hot bath, hot tub or chlorine filled swimming pool.
Your skin is the largest organ of your body and since it is porous, it absorbs some of whatever you put on it. A study published in the American Journal of Public Health looked into the skin’s absorption rates of chemicals found in drinking water. It showed that the skin absorbed an average of 64% of total contaminant dosage in the water. Other studies found the face to be several times more permeable than broad body surfaces and an absorption rate of 100% were found for underarms and genitalia.
Come back for more great knowledge!